Crave-Curbing Vegan Dessert: Butternut Pudding
How about a vegan dessert that leaves you satisfied for hours? Try this epic butternut squash pudding recipe!
I’ve whipped up some new ideas for you to enjoy the amazing benefits of Golden Goddess Turmeric Chai and Chocolate Elixirs. And you can make this vegan dessert in about 20 minutes! This fast and delicious recipe helps you stay in control of your eating by:
- Reducing stress
- Curbing cravings
- Resisting temptations to overeat
How is this possible? You’ll find the science of how and why right after the recipe below.
Crave-Curbing Butternut Pudding
- 1 1/2 cups steamed butternut squash
- 1/3 cup water
- 3 scoops Golden Goddess Turmeric Chai or Chocolate
- 2 tbsp almond butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Pinch salt
- Cut butternut squash meat away from rind.
- Cut the squash meat into 1" cube pieces that will fit in a steamer.
- Steam the butternut squash until soft.
- Blend all ingredients in blender until velvety smooth.
- Garnish with walnuts, pecans, or the nut of your choice.
Why is this vegan dessert a great weight loss treat?
First of all…
Ashwagandha. Well, not just any ashwagandha will do. We use a specific premium full-spectrum extract in Golden Goddess Elixirs. It’s called KSM-66. Our extract has been clinically tested, and shows these benefits for weight management (published in the Journal of Evidence-Based Complementary & Alternative Medicine):
- Reduces the stress hormone cortisol, which also serves to help keep blood sugar in balance
- Reduces food cravings
- Reduces uncontrolled eating and emotional eating
Healthy fats provided by the almond butter and Elixir mixes keep you satiated, give you energy and prevent out-of-control cravings.
Healthy fiber from the almond butter and butternut squash help fill you up and keep you satiated.
Spices help keep your blood sugar and systemic inflammation in check.
Small amounts of low-glycemic coconut sugar and stevia: most sweet treats contain loads of sugar, but not these! We balance 4 grams of coconut sugar with a smidgen of stevia in each serving to provide delectable sweetness without the blood sugar spike.
Ashwagandha and eleuthero: the combination of these adaptogenic herbs in Elixir mixes help balance cortisol and give you deep energy, unlike the stimulate boost of caffeine that leaves you crashing.
Enjoy this sumptuous treat as a dessert or snack.